2016 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER QUICK TAKES
TESTDRIVENOW QUICK TAKES: 2016 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4 SEL 2WD 4-DOOR SUV OVERVIEW
Much more than a traditional mid-cycle design “refreshing” that consists of minor aesthetic updates, the new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander has been redesigned and reengineered to stand out in the competitive small crossover segment with its powerful and dynamic appearance and refined driving experience.
Combined with Mitsubishi’s reliability and safety standards, the 2016 Outlander is an unmatched value.
The new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander features a bold new exterior design, an eloquent yet functional interior space, and over 100 engineering and design improvements to the platform for better structural rigidity, ride quality and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).
Appealing New-Look Exterior
The 2016 Outlander features Mitsubishi’s new front design concept, “Dynamic Shield.”
This feature is inherited from the bumper side protection seen on generations of the Montero, providing unique protection for both the people and car.
The exterior design incorporates a modern and aggressive-looking redesigned front fascia, along with new redesigned front fenders, halogen headlights, LED position lights, lower door sections, 18-in. alloy wheels, rear fascia and LED taillights (all models). For the top-of-the-line Outlander GT model, new exterior features include power-folding side mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer and LED headlights.
Fresh New Interior
The 2016 receives a fresh design update to the interior incorporating soft touch features that also includes a redesigned steering wheel, a new Mitsubishi Multi Communication System(MMCS) navigation and display audio system and accent trim for the doors and dashboard, along with improved seating surfaces and headliner (all models) and an auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink® (GT model). Additional improvements include a newly redesigned folding rear seat for easier operation.
Improved, More Refined Platform and Drivetrain
The 2016 Outlander boasts improved handling and greatly reduced noise, vibration and harshness, along with increased body and suspension structural rigidity, for a quieter and superbly composed ride.
Design improvements include redesigned suspension and Electric Power Steering, thicker rear door glass, more sound insulation throughout the vehicle, dynamic dampers on front and rear suspension and rear differential, improved weather stripping and engine compartment trim (all models).
Another new feature is a new generation continuously-variable transmission for improved acceleration, performance, shift feel and torque delivery (all CVT-equipped models).
Comprehensive Safety/Warranty for Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander is available with advanced safety technologies including Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).
The 2014 and 2015 Outlander are rated a “Top Safety Pick+” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) due to the optional Forward Collision Mitigation.
Every 2016 Outlander also includes seven (7) Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) air bag with front air bags with passenger weight and driver’s seat position sensors, front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, and curtain side air bags with roll-over sensors; anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist; Hill Start Assist (HSA); Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL) and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
An additional layer of occupant protection is afforded by Mitsubishi Motors’ advanced Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety body construction system that absorbs energy to help provide protection to the vehicle’s occupants.
RISE safety structure technology is engineered into every vehicle in Mitsubishi Motors’ product lineup.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander comes equipped with the following standard features:
- Automatic climate control
- ECO mode switch
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- 6 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system
- FUSE Hands-Free Link System® w/USB port
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Power door locks and side view mirrors
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
- Full-color LCD Multi-Information Display
- 60/40 split folding rear seat with independent slide and reclining adjusters
- 50/50 third-row fold-flat seating
- Underfloor rear cargo storage
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Soft-touch instrument panel trim
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- Steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls
- Gloss-black shifter panel with silver accent
- Two 12-volt power outlets
- Auto-off halogen headlights
- LED position lights
- 18-in. alloy wheels
- LED rear taillights
- Wheel arch moldings
- Color-keyed front & rear bumpers with chrome accent
- Color-keyed exterior door handles
- Roof carrier plug-in accommodation
- Heated outside mirrors
- Windshield wiper de-icer (GT model)
- Advanced seven (7) SRS air bag system including driver’s knee air bag, front air bags, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and 1st and 2nd-row occupants curtain side air bags
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
- Anti-theft security alarm system
- Mitsubishi Motors’ Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
2016 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4 SEL 2WD: MSRP $ 24,995
AS SHOWN WITH SEL TOURING PACKAGE: TOTAL PRICE $31,095