2016 DODGE CHALLENGER QUICK TAKES
TESTDRIVENOW QUICK TAKES: 2016 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK 6.4L V8 SRT OVERVIEW
The Most Complete Dodge Challenger Lineup Ever Powers The Muscle Car Into 2016
- 7 horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat returns as quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever
- Challenger SRT 392 model delivers 485 horsepower best-in-class naturally aspirated horsepower along with adaptive suspension and functional SRT performance cues
- Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker punch out same best-in-class 485 naturally aspirated horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque via a 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with six-speed manual or TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, Brembo brakes and 20 x 9-inch aluminum wheels
- 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker model combines the ultimate combination of power and heritage cues with a functional Shaker hood
- Segment-first eight-speed automatic transmission, combined with 305 horsepower Pentastar V-6 enables up to an estimated 30 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway, plus delivers world-class precision and enhanced performance, thanks to its Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities
- Dodge is reaching back into its rich history and broad range of heritage colors. New again for the 2016 model year, Plum Crazy joins heritage and high-impact exterior colors, ranging from B5 Blue and TorRed
- Back by popular demand and continuing the Dodge brand’s popular “blacked out” look is the new for 2016 Blacktop Appearance Group available on SXT and R/T models
- Twelve wheel options, including new for 2016 20-inch five-spoke Gloss Black aluminum wheels included with the Blacktop Appearance Package
- 1971-inspired design, both inside and out, features refined exterior styling and heritage muscle-car appearance with split grille, pronounced and functional power bulge hood, LED halo headlamps and LED tail lamps
- Interior design features 1971-inspired high-sill center console and driver-focused instrument panel available in 14 different color and trim selections, including throwback Hound’s tooth cloth to Ruby Red, Tungsten or Pearl with Black leather performance seats
- Significant technologies feature class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen media center with Uconnect Access system, class-exclusive full-color, 7-inch driver information display (DID) cluster, electronic shifter and Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start across all models
- More than 70 safety and security features, including Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
The Dodge brand’s Challenger muscle-car arsenal is reloaded as the most complete model lineup with 10 trim levels, ranging from the 707 horsepower SRT Hellcat to the 305 horsepower, 30-mpg 3.6-liter Pentastar-V-6 powered SXT model. All 2016 Dodge Challenger models are designed and engineered for world-class precision and outstanding performance.
The 10 available trim levels for the 2016 Dodge Challenger include: SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack, 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat.
The Dodge Challenger is built at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant.
- Class-exclusive standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission provides improved performance and better fuel economy
- 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI V-8 with 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 0-60 mph in the low-3 second range with TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission
- National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) certified quarter mile elapsed time in 11.2 seconds with street tires (10.8 seconds on race slicks)
- Top speed of 199 miles per hour (mph)
- 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 delivers 485 horsepower with 475 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 delivers to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivers 305 horsepower and up to an estimated 30 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway
- World-class stopping power with available Brembo brakes
- Launch control and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with “full off” mode
Heritage inspired interiors feature unmatched customization
- Fourteen interiors with retro colors and designs, including Houndstooth, Tungsten Torque, Ballistic II premium cloth, and Pearl White or Ruby Red leather sport seats
- Heated and ventilated performance seats available in Nappa leather and Alcantara suede
- Race-inspired heated leather-wrapped steering wheels with available paddle shifters
Iconic exterior styling
- New for 2016, Plum Crazy joins retro and high-impact exterior colors B5 Blue and TorRed
- Heritage-inspired split grille surround
- Projector headlamps with halo light-emitting diode (LED) surrounds
- Projector fog lamps
- Heritage-inspired split LED tail lamps with Gloss Black surround
- Twelve wheel options, including new for 2016, 20-inch five-spoke Gloss Black aluminum wheels includes with the Blacktop Appearance Package
State-of-the-art technology features
- Electric power steering
- Class-exclusive standard 7-inch customizable cluster with “tic-toc-tach” gauges
- Class-exclusive available 8.4-inch touchscreen
- ParkView rear backup camera
- Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call and roadside assistance
- Selectable drive modes to adjust steering effort, engine and transmission response, and electronic stability control settings through Dodge and SRT Performance Pages
- Class-exclusive electronic shifter paired with eight-speed automatic transmission
Iconic heritage models
- R/T Shaker and R/T Plus Shaker models with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 deliver up to
- 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque
- R/T Scat Pack model with best-in-class 485 naturally aspirated horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque with six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmissions
- Exclusive 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, powered by the same best-in-class 485 naturally aspirated horsepower engine, offers maximum throwback heritage styling with performance hardware
Sleek, sexy heritage-inspired exterior styling for both form and function
Dodge is reaching back into its rich history and broad range of heritage colors. New again for the 2016 model year, Plum Crazy joins heritage and high-impact exterior colors range from B5 Blue to TorRed.
Seven different stripe options give Challenger drivers the ability to get instant customization straight from the factory.
Inspired by the iconic 1971 Challenger, all 2016 models take on a bold appearance that draws on the 1971 model’s split-grille and split tail-lamp cues, updated with four signature LED headlamp halo surrounds offset by piano black trim. Single projector-beam headlamps at each front corner light the road ahead. High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps are also available.
In profile, the 2016 Challenger’s signature muscle car proportions and large thruster rear-quarter panels stand out from the crowd, while fender and belt lines tie together at the front and rear of the car to create a sleeker appearance. Twelve wheel designs are available, including a new for 2016 Hyper Black II finish to the lightweight forged-aluminum wheels.
A split tail-lamp design continues the historic 1971 model’s inspiration. For a modern look, the Dodge brand’s signature LED treatment creates a single ribbon of light within each lamp. A redesigned rear valance gives the 2016 Challenger with a widened, more planted appearance, while fascia-mounted exhaust tips provide a high-performance finished look.
Driver-focused interior sculpted with ’71 Challenger cues
Inside the 2016 Dodge Challenger is an enthusiast designed cockpit, featuring world-class materials, execution and technology, also inspired by the interior of the 1971 Challenger.
To highlight the muscle car’s performance abilities, the 2016 Dodge Challenger is designed with a performance cockpit that embodies the trapezoidal-themed exterior in an artistic and more organically styled way.
Dodge Challenger’s cleanly executed instrument panel features an aluminum-stamped driver’s bezel, which establishes the driver’s cockpit. For a high-tech look, an innovative 7-inch TFT instrument cluster screen extends through the driver’s bezel and provides a customizable display. The gauge cluster features an analog speedometer and tachometer that straddle the TFT customizable instrument cluster and provide a heritage-inspired “tic-toc-tach” look with throwback radial numbering and concave shape. Additionally, the center stack neatly houses the 5-inch and available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreens.
A trapezoidal shaped aluminum-stamped high-sill center console provides Dodge Challenger’s interior with a fresh, asymmetric look, while the leather-wrapped surface and French-seamed accent stitching exudes craftsmanship and style. With its unique elevated design, the center console houses additional controls for the Uconnect touchscreen above with ergonomically located redundant button and knob controls for audio and climate functions. A media hub with an SD card slot, USB outlet and auxiliary audio input is neatly housed inside the center console’s armrest.
Three available steering wheels are each designed specifically for the performance driver.
The standard Dodge steering wheel features a sculpted rim so the driver’s hands have a sure grip at the 2- and 10-o’clock positions, while available paddle shifters (with automatic transmission) are located on the backs of the upper spokes.
The SRT-branded, tilt-telescoping, heated steering wheel features a flat bottom for control through the tight handling corners. Available paddle shifters (with automatic transmission) are located on the back of the upper spokes. The buttons to control the full-color Driver Information Display (DID) cluster are large and illuminated. Buttons for Uconnect and phone access now reside along the bottom edge of the horizontal spokes.
Seating options in the new 2016 Dodge Challenger include premium cloth, Ballistic Cloth, Nappa leather and Nappa leather with Alcantara Suede. Challenger offers performance seats with large side bolsters for maximum lateral support in hard cornering. For improved comfort and convenience, heated and ventilated front seats in Nappa leather are available. In addition, Dodge Challenger offers 14 different interior color and trim selections inspired by the muscle car’s roots. They include a wide variety of colors and materials, from throwback Houndstooth cloth to Ruby Red and Black, Tungsten and Black, and Pearl and Black premium leather sport and performance seats with accent stitching.
All-new Blacktop Appearance Group for 2016 Challenger models
Back by popular demand and continuing the Dodge brand’s popular “blacked out” appearance offering is the new Challenger Blacktop Package – now available for 2016 on Dodge Challenger SXT and SXT Plus models with 305 horsepower, or up to 375 horsepower with the HEMI V-8 powered Challenger R/T and R/T Plus models.
For a sinister look, Dodge Challenger Blacktop starts with large, 20-in. five-spoke Gloss Black aluminum wheels wrapped with all-season tires. Continuing the theme is the 1971-inspired split-grille in Gloss Black, while Satin Black finishes on the deck-lid spoiler and fuel-filler door provide an aggressive look. And, to make sure the Challenger Blacktop has a one-of-a-kind appearance, a new “strobe” designed dual stripe runs from nose-to-tail and harks back to “Mopar-or-no-car” nostalgia.
Inside, the Blacktop Package amplifies the sinister exterior styling through discrete and subtle dark finishes and appointments on Dodge Challenger SXT and R/T models. Inside, passengers will find a premium black cloth interior on Challenger SXT and R/T models and standard Nappa and perforated Nappa leather in black on SXT Plus and R/T Plus models. Also included is the Dodge performance-contoured steering wheel with Dark Anodized finished paddle shifters. Painted accents feature new for 2016 K-Black bezels to accentuate the Dark Brushed II aluminum instrument panel and aluminum center console bezels. For added sinister detail, the 1971-inspired ‘tic-toc-tach” gauges feature Gloss Black inner and outer cluster rings. The Blacktop comes complete with premium velour-bound floor mats with the Dodge logo embroidered in Tungsten.
Additional technology features on 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT and R/T models with the Blacktop Package include ParkView rear backup camera and fog lamps on Challenger SXT.
Hellcat continues to prowl
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat returns in 2016 as the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever. Propelled by the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8, its 707 horsepower rating is highest of any V-8 engine in FCA US celebrated history. The supercharged HEMI engine can be mated with the six-speed manual transmission or the beefy TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic.
This HEMI® Hellcat engine is Dodge and SRT’s first application of V-8 supercharger technology, delivering the full brand experience with fresh potency.
This breakthrough supercharged engine features a forged-steel crankshaft with induction-hardened bearing surfaces. The result is a crank so well-engineered it can withstand firing pressures of 110 bar (1,595 psi) – the equivalent of five family sedans standing on each piston, every two revolutions. And its unique, specially tuned crank damper has been tested to 13,000 rpm.
High-strength, forged-alloy pistons – developed using advanced telemetry measurement – are coupled to powder-forged connecting rods with high-load-capacity bushings and diamond-like-carbon-coated piston pins.
Also returning in 2016 is the Dodge Challenger SRT 392 model with its 392 cubic inch HEMI V-8. Power output remains at a potent 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque.
The SRT 392 model also can be mated with the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic or the proven six-speed manual transmission.
SRT Drive Modes tailor the driving experience to each individual driver
Whether its on-road or on-track, Challenger SRT owners can personalize their drive experience via the Drive Modes feature. Drive Modes tailor the driving experience by controlling horsepower, transmission shift speeds, steering (Challenger SRT only), paddle shifters (automatic transmission only), traction and suspension. Drive Modes are pre-configured for Sport, Track and Default settings, while the Custom setting lets the driver customize the drive experience to their favorite settings.
- Custom – Allows the driver to personalize the vehicle’s performance
- Sport – Delivers increased vehicle performance capability over the Default Mode
- Track – Delivers maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces
- Default – Activates automatically when starting the vehicle
R/T Scat Pack 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 gives Challenger best-in-class naturally-aspirated power and efficiency
The 2016 Dodge Challenger and its R/T Scat Pack with 6.4-liter HEMI powertrain, showcases the evolution of the performance brand while staying true to the muscle car’s heritage, with its roots harking back to Scat Pack performance stage kits offered on 1968-71 Challengers.
With a best-in-class 485 naturally aspirated horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque, the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker models deliver mid 4-second 0-60 mph times and low 12-second quarter mile times.
An active electronically controlled exhaust gives the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack a deep, throaty exhaust note in keeping with its heritage and track-bred credentials. Performance upgrades include Brembo four-piston caliper front brakes, which deliver world-class stopping power, enabling a braking distance of 60-0 mph in 117 feet, performance suspension, an isolated rack-mounted electric power steering (EPS) system (with three settings: Normal, Comfort and Sport), 20 x 9-inch polished with black pocket aluminum wheels, high-performance tires, standard Dodge Performance Pages, which allow driver control over a range of vehicle settings, including steering feel, transmission response, stability and traction controls, and standard launch control. A Scat Pack 6.4-liter badge, a 180-mph radial-numbered speedometer, aggressive front splitter and rear spoiler with an embedded ParkView rear backup camera complete the package.
A special Scat Pack Appearance Group adds a unique Bumble Bee rear stripe, Gloss Black grille surround, Satin Black fuel-filler door, HID headlamps. The interior features Scat Pack embroidered high-performance seats, premium embroidered floor mats, animated Scat Pack logo in the cluster and a high-performance steering wheel.
- Challenger R/T models include the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and available Shaker hood with functional cold-air intake. For Dodge fans looking for the most-affordable V-8 muscle car in America, the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T lineup features the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, which delivers up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque with a six-speed manual transmission. When paired with the highly-refined Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual, the Dodge Challenger R/T achieves 0-60 mph runs in the high-5-second range.
- When paired with the, state-of-the-art ZF 8HP70 TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T models produce 372 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, and include innovative Fuel Saver Technology to seamlessly transition to high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. For even more control, steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters are included. The result: quicker shifts, an engaging driving experience and even quicker 0-60 mph runs in the mid-5-second range.
- Dodge Challenger SXT and SXT Plus models feature the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which delivers 305 horsepower at 6,350 rpm and a responsive 268 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.
- A cold-air induction system and dual exhausts from the headers back to the exhaust tips help deliver more than 90 percent of the engine’s peak torque from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm – all for outstanding drivability and responsiveness. Paired with the standard eight-speed transmission, the Pentastar V-6 offers up to an EPA estimated 30 mpg on the highway.
Segment-exclusive eight-speed automatic standard on 2016 Dodge Challenger
The 2016 Dodge Challenger’s segment-first TorqueFlite 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission delivers world-class precision and fuel efficiency, along with a new electronic shifter, Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities for more performance, as well as an improvement in fuel economy.
Once limited to sedans costing twice as much, the Dodge Challenger democratizes this exclusive world-class technology, offering the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on every V-6 model.
- The Dodge Challenger R/T lineup and high-performance R/T Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker trims and SRT 392 model offer the choice of a six-speed manual or the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. By design, this state-of-the-art gearbox provides world-class shift quality and speed, plus refinement with enhanced performance and fuel efficiency. Paired with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and its 400 lb.-ft. of torque, the Dodge Challenger R/T can deliver 0-60 mph performance in the mid-5-second range. For even quicker acceleration, the Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack, 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker and SRT 392 with 485 horsepower can do the same sprint in the mid-4-second range.
- The Challenger SRT Hellcat puts its power to the ground via the upgraded TorqueFlite 8HP90, which features maximum engine-torque capacity and 160 millisecond shifts with rev-matching.
Legendary fully functional Shaker cold-air intake and complete Shaker appearance returns
For Challenger owners looking for an even more aggressive appearance, Dodge offers the legendary Shaker package, featuring a functional engine-mounted “Shaker” hood scoop and a full array of exclusive Shaker content. The Shaker hood and scoop provide cold-air induction, along with a Mopar-branded cold-air intake fitted with a conical air filter, which feeds fresh air to meet the demands of the 6.4-liter V-8, as well as the 5.7-liter HEMI, at speed.
With the 5.7-liter R/T Shaker models, chassis upgrades include the standard Super Track Pak, which includes such performance upgrades as suspension, brakes and steering, as well as three-mode electronic stability control, including “full off” mode and Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires (all-season tires available). In addition to the prominent hood scoop, the Shaker adds hood-to-tail Satin Black Shaker graphic stripes, Gloss Black grille surround, Satin Black rear spoiler and fuel filler door, Challenger script grille badge, “Shaker” badge underhood – just like the original – and 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with black pockets in satin finish (20 x 8-inch on R/T; 20 x 9-inch on 392 HEMI Shaker). R/T Shaker models add a unique “Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop, while the 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker has a legendary “392 Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop and a unique Bumble Bee badge on the fender.
Inside, the Shaker package adds high-performance seats, available in Ballistic Cloth (R/T), or stitched and perforated leather seats with Shaker logo embroidery (R/T Plus, 392 Shaker) available in Dark Slate with Sepia accent stitching or Radar Red with Radar Red stitching, combined with a performance steering wheel, K-Black accents, bright pedals, a Shaker dashboard plaque and Shaker splash screen graphics in 7-inch TFT customizable cluster display.
Super Track Pak
For maximum performance on road and track, Challenger’s Super Track Pak provides a full complement of race-bred chassis upgrades and is available on all Challengers, including 3.6-liter V-6 models. The Super Track Pak lowers the suspension by 0.5 inches and adds Bilstein shock absorbers, upgraded brakes, Goodyear Eagle F1 three-season tires and specially-tuned suspension. The Super Track Pak comes complete with a shortcut button to the Dodge Performance Pages embedded in the 8.4-inch touchscreen radio and provides visible performance information, such as programmable shift light indicator, reaction time, 0-60 times, G-force indicator and lap times in the 7-inch TFT customizable cluster display.
Enthusiast-desired rear-wheel-drive architecture with advanced technological solutions
As the Dodge brand’s performance coupe, the chassis of the Dodge Challenger is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies, thanks to its advanced technological solutions:
- Electric power steering (EPS)
- EPS provides three driver-selectable steering modes: Normal, Comfort and Sport. Tuning allows for more responsive steering for spirited driving while maintaining ease in low-speed situations and when parking
- Lightweight axles
- Cast-aluminum axle housing reduces weight, helping hold overall curb weight increase to a minimum, despite considerable equipment additions
- Sport mode
- Sport mode provides blistering-quick gear changes with the eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, reducing shift times by 37 percent (250 milliseconds vs. 400 milliseconds), while engaging a more aggressive transmission calibration. When Auto Stick is engaged with Sport mode, the driver can select and hold the desired gear without unexpected shifts, including at the redline
- Sport mode also engages a more aggressive throttle map and steering feel
- Standard on both 2016 Challenger SRT models is the largest front-brake package ever offered in a FCA US vehicle, which was first introduced on the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat, featuring all-new 390-mm (15.4-inch) Brembo two-piece rotors with six-piston calipers for outstanding heat management and thermal capacity and longevity
Technology features include the latest Uconnect system
From its updated award-winning Uconnect Access interface, to the availability of Uconnect Access Services with roadside assistance, Keyless Enter ‘n Go, theft-alarm notification, voice texting and the ability to turn the Challenger into a Wi-Fi Hotspot to the Dodge Performance Pages, 3-D navigation and a mobile app that allows drivers to open or lock their car from a distance, Dodge Challenger delivers a slew of high-tech features for the ultimate driving experience.
- The Challenger’s acclaimed Uconnect Access system leverages advanced embedded cellular technology, which enables direct, one-touch connections with emergency service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and vehicle information specialists.
- New for 2016, Uconnect is introducing new features that include the all-new Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free and Do Not Disturb features that can be viewed via the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Drag and Drop Menu Bar: Dodge Challenger owners now have the ability to personalize their dashboard to fit their lifestyle and have one-button access to the features and services they value most. From Travel Link, to climate control and Yelp, drivers now can simply drag their favorite feature or service icon from the apps menu and move them to their Uconnect system’s main menu bar.
Siri Eyes Free: Via the voice button on the steering wheel and compatible with an Apple iPhone 4s or later, with Siri Eyes Free drivers can speak natural language voice commands to send text messages, play music, set reminders, place phone calls and access turn-by-turn directions. Drivers simply push and hold the voice recognition button on the steering wheel until the Siri screen appears on the 8.4-inch touchscreen and hear the audible tones.
Do Not Disturb: Challenger owners who prefer not be interrupted with phone calls or text messages while driving can choose to turn on the new “Do Not Disturb” and “Reply with Text Message” feature. Located within the Uconnect system’s phone screen, once enabled with a push of button or via voice command, the Do Not Disturb icon will route all incoming mobile calls to voicemail and suppress text messages. If the Challenger owner chooses to enable the Do Not Disturb feature, they also have the ability to send a default or customized response once a call or text message is received.
Vehicle User Guide: Debuting in the 2016 Dodge Challenger, the Vehicle User Guide allows drivers to view their owner’s manual via the 8.4 touchscreen and use as a quick reference guide for vehicle information. The Uconnect and Powertrain portions of the application are dynamic and will only present VIN and vehicle specific information. The content also can be updated over-the-air so the owner information will remain current.
Challenger’s Uconnect Via Mobile lets customers enjoy their personal Internet radio accounts and stream audio content using their own mobile device data plans. It seamlessly brings four popular Internet radio apps into the Dodge Challenger. They are: Aha by Harman, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Slacker. Like all Uconnect-brand features, it is designed to be easy to learn and easy to use.
The Dodge Challenger’s available navigation system accommodates one-step voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics, making it simple for drivers to recognize where they are and where they need to go.
Through the Dodge Performance Pages available on the segment’s largest 8.4-inch Uconnect touch screen, Challenger drivers can reduce shift times from approximately 400 milliseconds to 250 milliseconds, increase engine and throttle responsiveness, adjust electronic stability control (ESC) settings and firm up the steering feel. Additionally, the system includes active launch control, launch control RPM settings, performance timers and performance gauges, such as G-force indicators and engine performance.
70-plus available safety and security features
The 2016 Dodge Challenger offers many accident-avoidance assistance features, including Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path Detection and adaptive cruise control, to name just a few. Blind-spot Monitoring provides an alert if a vehicle is in an adjacent lane and audibly chimes to warn the driver. Forward Collision Warning alerts when the driver fails to react to an impending forward obstacle. The Challenger’s adaptive cruise control matches traffic speed, accelerating to highway speed providing additional assistance whether on long highway drives or in heavy traffic. Rain-sensing wipers and automatic high-beam control aid the driver by assisting with common functions during inclement weather conditions. In addition, Challenger offers 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, which connects occupants – at the push of a button – directly with emergency-service providers via built-in cellular connection – exclusive to FCA US Uconnect Access service.
The 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT features the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar engine with 305 horsepower and 268 lb.-ft. of torque as the standard engine paired with the standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. On the exterior, standard features include 1971-inspired split satin chrome grille and split LED-illuminated tail lamps, automatic bi-function projector headlamps with halo LED surrounds, bright chrome fuel filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering, dual exhaust with bright tips, 18-inch aluminum wheels in a premium Satin Carbon finish and P235/55R18 BSW all-season performance tires and power bulge hood with twin functional intakes, power body-color folding heated mirrors, and two-speed variable intermittent mode wipers.
On the inside, the 2016 Challenger features an interior with premium cloth seating in Houndstooth or Torque, stamped aluminum instrument panel bezel, 7-inch configurable cluster display, six-way power driver’s seat, Uconnect 5-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/Bluetooth, media hub with SD card, USB and auxiliary input, six premium speakers, Bluetooth handsfree phone connectivity, auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, dual zone automatic temperature control, 160 mph primary speedometer, Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start, leather-wrapped tilt-and-telescoping three-spoke steering wheel with vehicle controls, leather-wrapped shift knob, rear 60/40 split-folding rear seat with armrest and cup holders providing room for five, full-length floor-mounted center console, cell phone storage, 12-volt power outlet, front and rear climate control outlets, climate outlet with Challenger logo, LED-illuminated cup holders, LED front map lamps, LED rear-reading courtesy lamps, automatic dual-zone temperature controls, cabin-air filtration, Satin Silver door-lock knobs, luxury front and rear floor mats.
Standard safety features include six airbags, a four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS), all-speed traction control system (TCS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), Brake Assist, electronic stability control (ESC), brake/park interlock, brake override and much more.
Challenger SXT Plus
The Challenger SXT Plus delivers all the standard features of the SXT and adds premium amenities inside and out, including 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with graphite pockets and P245/45R20 BSW all-season performance tires, performance suspension and brakes, projector fog lamps, a deck-lid rear spoiler with ParkSense rear park assist and ParkView rear backup camera. On the inside, premium Nappa leather seating, heated and ventilated front seats with four-way power driver lumbar adjustment, heated steering wheel with power tilt and telescope, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth, 3-D navigation-capable and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, six Alpine speakers with 276-watt digital amplifier, Hectic Mesh aluminum bezels, bright pedals and universal garage door opener.
Designed for the performance enthusiast, the R/T builds off the SXT and adds the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with cold-air induction delivering 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque, Tremec six-speed manual transmission, standard 3.90 limited-slip rear-axle ratio, performance dual exhaust with low-restriction resonators and chromed exhaust tips, projector fog lamps, R/T grille badge, “HEMI” hood badge and standard 20-inch Satin Carbon aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 BSW all-season performance tires and bright pedals.
The new TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission is available on the R/T model and paired with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 (372-horsepower, 400 lb.-ft. of torque) includes Sport mode and Fuel Saver Technology with four-cylinder mode and interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO).
Challenger R/T Shaker
For drivers who like to share their performance credentials, the new R/T Shaker adds a functional Shaker hood with cold-air induction and Mopar conical air filter, Shaker hood badge, fender-mounted HEMI badge, black deck-lid spoiler with backup camera, Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering, Super Track Pak 230-mm rear axle with limited-slip differential, premium black cloth performance seats with Ballistic 2 inserts and Tungsten accent stitching, four-way power lumbar adjustment, Uconnect 5-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/Bluetooth and SiriusXM Radio, 20-inch polished aluminum satin finish wheels with black pockets and P245/45ZR20 BSW three-season performance tires.
Challenger R/T Plus
For drivers who want even more-premium refinement and details paired with their powerful HEMI® V-8, the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus adds standard 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with graphite pockets with P245/45ZR20 BSW three-season performance tires, premium Nappa leather seating in Black, Black with Pearl or Ruby Red, heated and ventilated front seats with power four-way lumbar, heated steering wheel, power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/HD radio/SiriusXM Radio/Bluetooth/3-D navigation-capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/ Assist Call, six Alpine speakers with subwoofer and 276-watt digital amplifier, Hectic Mesh aluminum interior bezels, ParkSense rear park assist and ParkView rear backup camera and universal garage door opener.
Fans of Challenger’s past will want to opt for the Challenger R/T Classic Package, which adds heritage classic “Challenger” script badge on the fenders, dual “R/T” side stripes, 20-inch polished forged aluminum classic-styled five-spoke wheels, HID headlamps, and high-performance Nappa leather seats with Axis II suede inserts.
Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
The maximum in-your-face package for the performance enthusiast R/T lover includes the legendary standard Shaker hood with cold-air induction and Mopar conical air filter, Shaker hood badge, fender-mounted HEMI badge, black deck-lid spoiler, backup camera, split black grille, Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering, Super Track Pak, including Dodge Performance Pages with driver configuration modes to adjust steering and engine response, dark brushed aluminum bezels, unique Nappa leather performance seats with “Shaker” logo in Black and Ruby Red or Black and Sepia, Dodge Performance leather-wrapped power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio/Bluetooth/3-D navigation-capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, performance brakes, 230 mm rear axle with limited-slip differential, 3.90 axle ratio with limited-slip differential, Super Track Pak suspension, universal garage door opener, heated and ventilated leather front seats, four-way power lumbar adjustment, 20-inch polished aluminum satin finish wheels with black pockets and P245/45ZR20 BSW three-season performance tires.
Challenger R/T Scat Pack [as shown]
Adding to the R/T, the Challenger R/T Scat Pack model adds a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine with 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque, 6.4-liter Scat Pack fender badge, 180 mph primary speedometer, high-performance suspension, active stainless steel performance dual exhaust system, performance front splitter, satin black decklid spoiler, Brembo four-piston high-performance brake package, 20-by-9-inch polished aluminum wheels with black pockets and BSW three-season performance tires, Dodge Performance Pages, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth, 3-D navigation-capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, six premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier, high-performance premium cloth seats with Ballistic 2 inserts and Tungsten accent stitching and 220 amp alternator.
Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
Building on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack model, and the “King of all Shakers,” the 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker adds an exposed functional shaker hood with engine-mounted high-flow cold-air induction, Scat Pack fender badge, 392 HEMI Shaker hood badge and split black grille.
Personalization and high-impact heritage hues keep it hot
Like all Dodge muscle cars, the Challenger is known for rocking some of the most-recognizable paint colors in the automotive world. The 2016 model year continues this tradition by bringing Plum Crazy back into production, joining Bright White Clear Coat, Redline Red, Pitch Black Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat, TorRed Clear Coat, Ivory White Tri-coat and Maximum Steel Metallic.
Challenger paint choices can be accented by a variety of striping schemes, including standard bodyside stripes, R/T modern hood stripes, R/T dual A-line bodyside black, white or red stripes.
Completing the muscle-car appearance are seven wheel options, including six different 20-inch wheels with the20-by-9-inch lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with the Hyper Black II finish for the hardcore enthusiast.
In addition to all the standard equipment on the eight Challenger models for 2016, Dodge is offering several package and groups, including:
Cold Weather Group
The Cold Weather Group includes 180-amp alternator, heated front seats and heated steering wheel. This group is available on SXT, R/T and R/T Shaker models
Driver Convenience Group
The Driver Convenience Group includes power multifunction foldaway mirrors, HID headlamps, ParkSense rear park assist system, Blind-spot monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, remote start system (automatic transmission only) and universal garage door opener. This package is available on all Challenger models except SRT
Leather Interior Group
The Leather Interior Group includes leather-trimmed seats, heated and ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, Satin Silver instrument panel and bezel and power tilt-and-telescoping steering column. This group is available on R/T Scat Pack
Premium Sound Group
The Premium Sound Group includes a Harman Kardon GreenEdge technology amplifier, 18 premium speakers, delete spare tire and tire service kit. This group is available on SXT Plus, R/T Plus, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack and 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker models
R/T Classic Package
The R/T Classic Package includes performance suede and leather heated and vented seats, dual R/T side stripes, HID headlamps, “Challenger” script fender badge and 20-inch polished forged aluminum Classic II wheels. This package is available on the R/T Plus model
Scat Pack Appearance Group
The Scat Pack Appearance Group includes Scat Pack logo embroidered seats and performance steering wheel, HID headlamps, black grille surround, Scat Pack Bumble Bee rear stripe, Satin Black fuel filler door and premium floor mats. This group is available on R/T Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
Sound Group I
Sound Group I includes six premium speakers and a 276-watt amplifier. This group is available on SXT, R/T and R/T Shaker
Sound Group II
Sounds Group II includes nine amplified speakers with subwoofer and a 506-watt amplifier. This group is available on SXT Plus, R/T Plus,R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack and 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker models
Super Sport Group
The Super Sport Group includes 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 BSW Firestone tires, 3.07 rear-axle ratio, trunklid spoiler, steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and anti-lock four-wheel disc performance brakes. This group is available on the SXT model
Super Track Pak
The Super Track Pak Group includes 20-inch cast-aluminum Hyper Black wheels, high-performance steering, performance suspension, P245/45ZR20 BSW Goodyear tires, upgraded brakes, 3.07 rear-axle ratio and Dodge Performance Pages when equipped with the Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen. This group is available on SXT, SXT Plus, R/T and R/T Plus Shaker models
The Technology Group includes rain-sensitive windshield wipers, automatic high-beam headlamp control, Forward Collision Warning and adaptive cruise control. This group is available on SXT Plus, R/T Plus, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack, 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker and SRT 392
2016 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI in Plum Crazy Pearl BASE PRICE $37,995
As shown with RT Scat Pack 6.4L Hemi V8 Package Total Price $41,085