2015 Chrysler 200 Named a 2014 Top Safety Pick
All-new 2015 Chrysler 200 Named a 2014 Top Safety Pick
- The all-new Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan earns the highest possible rating in each of six Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tests that determine the vehicle safety rating
- Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan is loaded with a comprehensive array of 60 active and passive safety and security features including driver-warning/assist systems and state-of-the-art occupant restraints
- Approximately 65 percent of the 2015 Chrysler 200’s body structure consists hot-stamped, high-strength, advanced high-strength and boron steels for greater strength
- The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 has a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $21,700 (excluding $995 destination) and is available in dealer showrooms now
IIHS testing simulates a side impact with a large SUV or pickup truck, front moderate-offset impact, roof-crush consistent with a rollover, a rear collision capable of inducing whiplash, a new small-offset frontal impact and new crash prevention evaluation. In the small overlap test IIHS notes that “the driver’s space was maintained well, and injury measures recorded on the dummy indicated a low risk of any significant injuries in a real-world crash of this severity.” In each of the tests the 2015 Chrysler 200 recorded the highest ratings.
“The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 will be the new benchmark for mid-size sedans, offering customers a beautifully-crafted sedan loaded with features drivers and passengers appreciate, an exceptional driving experience, fuel economy of up to 36 mpg highway, all at an exceptional value” said Al Gardner, President and CEO — Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “With a standard nine-speed transmission, innovative available all-wheel-drive system and 60 safety and security features, the IIHS Top Safety Pick + rating for the new 200 is the icing on the cake for customers, giving them added peace of mind.”
The 2015 Chrysler 200 is all-new from the ground up, charting a new course for mid-size sedan customers.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 debuts a beautiful exterior design featuring the new “face” of the Chrysler brand – a thoughtful, exquisitely crafted interior and an exceptional driving experience, complements of a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission and full electronic shifting. With the choice of two world-class engines, an innovative all-wheel-drive system, available sport mode and paddle shifters for an engaged driving experience, and highway fuel economy of 36 miles per gallon (mpg), the 2015 Chrysler 200 makes the commute something drivers will look forward to.
The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is a showcase of advanced safety and security technology, offering a comprehensive array of driver warning and assist systems and state-of-the-art occupant restraints. The 2015 200 offers the most available safety and security features in the segment with 60.
The new 2015 200 features multiple segment-exclusive features, which utilize sensing elements that leverage available ultrasonic, radar, camera and other technologies for a 360-degree view of the road. Segment-exclusive available features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus: that, under certain circumstances can bring the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 to full stop without driver intervention
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus: a Chrysler Group first that provides autonomous braking and, under certain circumstances, slows or brings the vehicle to a full stop when a frontal collision appears imminent
- ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist: uses ultrasonic sensors to guide the driver into parking spaces. The perpendicular park assist function is a segment first
Also unique to the 2015 Chrysler 200 is the segment-exclusive standard electronic park brake with SafeHold, which secures the vehicle if the driver opens the door and unlatches the seat belt while forward or reverse gears are still engaged.
Other standard and available features include electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, ParkSense rear backup sensors, ParkView rear backup camera, blind-spot monitoring, Rear Cross Path Detection and LATCH child seat anchors. In addition, the all-new 200 is constructed with approximately 60 percent advanced-technology steel, which contributes to a strong safety cage and robust crashworthiness.
The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 offers the most available safety features in the mid-size sedan segment, and state-of-the-art, easy-to-use technology that keeps drivers and passengers connected. With a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of just $21,700 (excluding $995 destination) the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is a sedan that customers will be proud to own, at a value they will appreciate.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 is designed, engineered and built, with pride, in Michigan. With a major investment of more than $1 billion, Chrysler Group’s Sterling Heights (Mich.) Assembly Plant (SHAP), once slated for closure, sports an all-new paint shop using leading-edge technology, a new, fully robotic body shop and an upgraded assembly area, setting the stage for the world-class craftsmanship found in the all-new 200.