INFINITI – WHAT’S NEW FOR 2016
NEWS FROM TESTDRIVENOW.COM: INFINITI – WHAT’S NEW FOR 2016
For 2016, the Infiniti lineup in the United States expands once again, literally, with a new longer, roomier Infiniti QX50 premium crossover. With its wheelbase extended 3.2-inches, the 2016 QX50 offers greatly increased rear passenger room, as well as additional cargo space. It also features new exterior styling.
There are additional changes in store for 2016, starting with the addition of a new 2.0-liter turbo 4-cylinder engine for the Infiniti Q50 sports sedan available in the winter of 2016. Other Infiniti Q50 enhancements will be announced at the North American International Auto Show in January. In addition, revisions to the Infiniti QX60 luxury crossover will be announced at that time.
The Infiniti QX80 full-size SUV keeps it fresh for 2016 with a new Signature Edition, which includes Driver Assistance and Split Bench packages, Saddle Tan high-contrast interior, bodyside moldings and chrome mirror caps. The QX80 Special Edition is limited to just 1,000 units. The iconic Infiniti QX70 performance crossover enters the new model year unchanged.
And, following the introduction last year of the new Infiniti Q70 long-wheelbase model, the flagship Q70 sedan enters the 2016 model year with a new Premium Select Edition package for the standard wheelbase models, featuring unique exterior and interior accents, unique 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and a rear decklid spoiler.
Once again in 2016, all Infiniti vehicles come with Infiniti Personal Assistant™, a live 24/7 personal concierge service, included free of charge for the first 12 months of ownership. It’s part of Infiniti’s Total Ownership Experience®, which promises a uniquely enjoyable buying and ownership package – supported by features such as service loan cars, roadside assistance and trip interruption benefits. [For more information please visit InfinitiUSA.com.]
The enhancements for the 2016 model year are only the beginning. New production models based on the Q30 and QX30 Concepts are currently in development. The 2017 Infiniti QX30 premium active crossover and 2017 Infiniti Q30 premium active compact are both expected to be available in late spring/early summer 2016, followed by the 2017 Infiniti Q60 coupe in late summer/early fall 2016. Full details on these vehicles will be available at a later date. As part of the transition to the new lineup, the current Q60 Coupe and Q60 Convertible are ending their production cycles, as is the Q40 Sedan.
Key changes to the 2016 Infiniti lineup include, but are not limited to, the following:
Production of the Q40 ceased in 2015. The Q30 premium compact will be the new entry-level model for the Infiniti brand when it arrives in showrooms in late spring/early summer 2016.
2016 Infiniti Q50
- Enhanced powertrain and model offerings, including a new 2.0-liter turbo 4-cylinder engine
- Additional details to be announced later in 2015
- Expected availability: Winter
There will be no 2016 Q60. The 2017 Q60 – based on the Q60 Concept shown in early 2015 – will be available in late-summer/early fall 2016.
2016 Infiniti Q70
- New Premium Select Edition available on standard wheelbase models (except Hybrid)
- Offered in five Q70 models: Q70 5.6, Q70 5.6 AWD, Q70 Hybrid, Q70 3.7, Q70 3.7 AWD
- Offered in four Q70L Long- Wheelbase models: Q70L 5.6, Q70L 5.6 AWD, Q70L 3.7 and Q70L 3.7 AWD
- Expected availability: November 2015
2016 Infiniti QX50
- Standard wheelbase extended by 3.2 inches, resulting in significantly increased rear seat roominess – including 4.3 inches of additional legroom and 3.9 inches of added rear knee room
- Overall, passenger volume has been increased by 8.3 cubic feet, including an additional 2.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity
- Revised exterior with new LED Daytime Running Lights and LED fog lights, a new side sill design, a new rear fascia and LED side mirror turn signals
- New 19-inch wheel design
- New Premium Plus option package added, featuring Infiniti Navigation System, Around View® Monitor (AVM), Streaming audio via Bluetooth®, and Front and Rear Sonar System
- Power moonroof now standard on all models
- Heated front seats now standard on all models
- One new exterior color added (seven total): Hagane Blue
- Offered in two models: QX50 and QX50 AWD
- Expected availability: September 2015
2016 Infiniti QX60
- Details of the 2016 QX60 will be announced at the North American International Auto Show in January 2016
- Expected availability: Spring 2016
2016 Infiniti QX70
- No major enhancements for new model year
- Available now
2016 Infiniti QX80
- New QX80 Signature Edition – includes Driver Assistance and Split Bench packages, Saddle Tan high-contrast interior, bodyside moldings, chrome mirror caps; limited to 1,000 units (late availability)
- One new exterior color for QX80 Limited: Hermosa Blue (replaces Liquid Platinum)
- Offered in three models: QX80, QX80 AWD and QX80 AWD Limited
- Expected availability: October 2015