FIAT 124 SPIDER 2018 QUICK TAKES
TESTDRIVENOW OVERVIEW: FIAT 124 SPIDER 2018 QUICK TAKES
The Fiat 124 Spider revives the storied nameplate, bringing its classic Italian styling and performance to a new generation.
Paying homage to the original 124 Spider 50 years after its introduction, the Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience with driving excitement, technology and safety combined with iconic design.
The 124 Spider is available in three trim levels: Classica, Lusso or, for performance enthusiasts, Abarth.
New for 2018
- Package content on the Lusso and Abarth models has been reconfigured for added flexibility, allowing customers to select the exact options they desire
- All-new Red Top Edition is available on the Fiat 124 Spider Lusso (late availability)
- Three new exterior paint colors available: Puro Bianco Perla (Tri-Coat White Pearl), Grigio Chiaro (Silver Metallic) and Blu Scuro (Dark Blue Metallic)
- The Fiat 124 Spider, designed at Centro Stile in Turin, Italy, borrows cues from the original Spider – widely considered one of Fiat’s most beautiful cars of all time – and reinterprets them for today. The 124 Spider has a timeless low-slung presence, with a classically beautiful bodyside, well-balanced proportions and a sporty cabin-to-hood ratio
- Fiat 124 Spider is the most affordable turbo-powered convertible in America, with a starting price of $24,995 U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- The roadster comes standard with the proven 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder engine, the engine’s first application in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle. The engine delivers best-in-class 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Classica and Lusso, 164 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Abarth, and is available with a six-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic transmission
- The 124 Spider’s suspension uses a double-wishbone layout in front and a multi-link in the rear, specifically tuned for greater stability while braking and turning. Steering is light and responsive with the use of an electric power assist (dual pinion) system. Noise vibration and harshness (NVH) enhancements, including an acoustic front windshield and insulation treatments, also help to deliver a refined, quiet ride
- The Fiat 124 Spider Classica features a dual-tip exhaust, black roll bar finish, and body-color header, side sills and door handles.
- The vehicle also comes standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, Nero (black) premium cloth seats, halogen headlamps and LED tail lamps. Inside, soft-touch materials on the instrument panel are highlighted with light silver accents
- The Fiat 124 Spider Lusso model builds on the Classica, with standard 17-inch alloy wheels, silver-painted A-pillar header and roll-bar cover and dual-tip chrome exhaust.
- The interior features heated premium leather seats in Nero (black) or Saddle and a leatherette-wrapped cluster brow. The lower instrument panel also is wrapped in leatherette, with Piano Black accents throughout
- The Fiat 124 Spider Abarth offers a sportier, more responsive driving experience for performance enthusiasts. Features include a front and rear Bilstein sport suspension, mechanical limited-slip differential, front strut tower bar, Sport Mode selector and sport-tuned chrome quad-tip exhaust with the world-renowned Abarth sound.
- Its aggressive appearance comes complete with unique front and rear fascia, 17-inch Gun Metal aluminum wheels, Gun Metal exterior accents and an available hand-painted hood stripe, offering a one-of-a-kind appearance. Other available features include a Brembo braking system and Recaro seats for added sportiness
- Available with an array of safety and security features, including full LED adaptive front headlamps, Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection and ParkView rear backup camera
- Loaded with technology and convenience features, including Keyless Enter ‘n Go, Bluetooth connectivity, heated seats, available Bose premium nine-speaker audio system and FIAT Connect 7.0 with 7-inch touchscreen display
For 2018, the Fiat 124 Spider lineup consists of three models:
- Rosso (Red Clear Coat)
- Bianco Gelato (Arctic White Clear Coat)
- Nero Cinema (Jet Black Metallic)
- Grigio Moda (Meteor Gray Metallic)
- Bronzo Magnetico (Bronze Metallic)
- Puro Bianco Perla (Tri-Coat White Pearl) (new for 2018)
- Grigio Chiaro (Silver Metallic) (new for 2018)
- Blu Scuro (Dark Blue Metallic) (new for 2018)
- Nero (black) (premium cloth, leather, Recaro Alcantara)
- Saddle (leather)
- Nero/Rosso (black/red) (leather)
2018 FIAT 124 SPIDER BASE PRICE: $ 27,495
AS SHOWN WITH PREFERRED PACKAGE & NAVIGATION AND SOUND GROUP: TOTAL PRICE $31,380