THE NEW MINI COOPER SE. ELECTRIFIED PERFORMANCE
TDN NEWS: THE NEW MINI COOPER SE. ELECTRIFIED PERFORMANCE
Urban mobility with purely electric drive can now also be experienced in hallmark MINI style with the new MINI Cooper SE that combines sustainable mobility with the driving fun, expressive design and premium quality that are typical of MINI.
The spontaneous power delivery of its 135 kW/(181 hp US)motor, the brand-specific front-wheel drive, and the innovative driving dynamics system with wheel slip limiting close to the actuator, give the new MINI Cooper SE a particularly intense and unmistakable agility, known as the go-kart feeling. Its model-specific lithium-ion battery enables a range of 235 to 270 kilometers*. (NOTE: US EPA estimated range figures not available)
The high-voltage battery is situated deep in the vehicle floor, ensuring there are no limitations in terms of luggage compartment volume as compared to the conventionally powered MINI hatch.
With the new MINI Cooper SE, the British brand once again sets a pioneering impetus for urban mobility. 60 years ago, the revolutionary design principle of the classic Mini established the basis for maximum interior space within a minimum surface area. The MINI was launched in 2001 – a modern re-interpretation of creative space usage and unique riding fun that became the original in the premium segment of small cars.
The new MINI Cooper SE will be the first purely electric premium small car, paving the way to a sustainable yet at the same time highly emotional driving experience in urban traffic.
The New MINI Cooper SE Highlights
• Electric motor with 135 kW/ (181 hp US) and 270 Nm. (199 lb-ft)
• Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 235 to 270 kilometers – without compromising luggage space. (NOTE: US EPA estimated range figures not available)
• Can be charged at a household 120 volt socket, wall mounted charger or public charging stations, fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
• Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low center of gravity, front-wheel drive and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
• Acceleration from zero to 62 MPH in 7.3 seconds.
• Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
• Model-specific display and control elements in the interior. • Recuperation can be configured at two levels for individual one-pedal feeling.
• Standard equipment features include LED headlamps, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, heating with heat pump technology, auxiliary heating, electric parking brake and Connected Navigation.